cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - How Do I Remove This Grid Pattern?

peterdenio
Apprentice

Canon R5, RF 100-500 lens, F7.1, ISO 200, Shutter 1,000/sec

2023-07-08-0473 -55750-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen SMALL.jpgI've looked at "View", "Grid" to no avail. Any thoughts? getting this on some but not all from this beach series.

16 REPLIES 16

rs-eos
Elite

Is this a crop or the entire image?  In either case, looks like an issue with the sensor.   First reset the camera back to default settings.  But most likely you'll need to send this in to Canon for repair.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they look like this on the camera screen or only after downloading to your computer? If ok on the camera, you might have an issue with your card reader or cable.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If I did not know any better, I would say this photo looks like it was shot through a window screen.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That was my first thought as well.  However, the colors are very strange.  Almost some kind of posterization effect.

--
Ricky

I was thinking the same thing too. It looks like it was shot through a window screen. But the colors are very strange too. I don't use lens filters (except for a clear one/ protective filter) or know how they work. But could there be a polarizing filter attached to the lens. Causing this strange pattern to happen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

A polarizing filter wouldn't do that.  It will only remove/reduce glare. Plants/foliage become more green with a flatter appearance, skies can also become darker blue, and surfaces of water or even windows will have less reflections.

--
Ricky

Thanks for the info Ricky, I don't use filters so I don't have much knowledge on them. Then photo is my hobby. So I'm no professional when it comes to photo.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

peterdenio
Apprentice

Not shot through a screen and no filter.  Only a few photos in the group of 500 had this pattern.  Could not determine a setting that was similar to affected pics.  Seemed random.  Not sure if its camera or Photoshop/Lightroom caused

Does the same effect happen when looking through the EVF or looking at the rear LCD screen. It could be a bad card, bad card reader or a bad USB cable.

-Demetrius

click here to view the gallery
Announcements