cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Fails to Focus

Maverick87
Contributor

Hello,  few days I bought the Canon R5 with Canon adopter (I got Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary), today I got a AF focus problem when the subject I wanted to photograph (it was an airshow), I pressed the AF back button and instead of locking it was blurry (out of focus).

I saw some YouTube videos and I disconnected the lens and reconnect her and I noticed that No matter how AF mode I'm choosing (in my case it's always square with cross and instead of locking on subject it search for it. It runs to search for subject. 

I did a double reset,  one to the lens and one for the camera. Still the same and I don't know what to do.  

I hope I was clear, cause it's my first time..

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maverick87
Contributor

I would like thank you all!
I solve the problem by cleaning everything, (there's an option to do so under clear all camera settings).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ I saw some YouTube videos and I disconnected the lens and reconnect her and I noticed that No matter how AF mode I'm choosing (in my case it's always square with cross and instead of locking on subject it search for it. It runs to search for subject. “

You are describing you AF point selection, not your AF Focusing Mode.  Your AF Mode could be One-Shot AF or AF Servo.  One-Shot AF provides a focus confirmation beep, while AF Servo does not.  Double check and verify your AF Focusing Mode.

As far as photos being out-of-focus goes, it is safe to say that the Sigma 150-600 C cannot keep up with the frame rate of the R5.  I recommend reducing the frame rate for continuous shooting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Maverick87
Contributor

I would like thank you all!
I solve the problem by cleaning everything, (there's an option to do so under clear all camera settings).

click here to view the gallery
Announcements