cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 AF area

PhuDorje
Apprentice

I clearly misunderstood edge-edge auto-focusing in the R5 to mean the AF point could be set anywhere on the LCD or viewfinder screen.  With a RF800 attached I get a rather small box in the middle of the screens constraining the AF pt selection to maybe 1/3 the screen horizontally and 75% vertically.

Is this correct or am I am I missing something - seems to change with lenses.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It changes with various lenses.

(I can't find any details for the RF800)

View solution in original post

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Maximum aperture of the RF 800  (f11) reduces the size of the available focus area.  But typically with telephoto lenses you are focusing on an object near the center of the viewing area anyway so i wouldn't see this as a major shortcoming of this combination.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It changes with various lenses.

(I can't find any details for the RF800)

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Maximum aperture of the RF 800  (f11) reduces the size of the available focus area.  But typically with telephoto lenses you are focusing on an object near the center of the viewing area anyway so i wouldn't see this as a major shortcoming of this combination.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements