cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R3 Green cast in edges of the frame in low light

davidgs
Enthusiast

hello every one,

I have an EOS R3 mirrorless camera, with the 15-35 RF 2.8 and 28-70 RF 2.0, I take pictures of the night sky, it is a low light environment so I set the parameter accordingly, (F2.8, 15 sec, iso6400), when I acquired the camera the recommendation of canon was not to use the profile of the lens, I did make the change and it corrected in 50%.. I replied with that information but I didn't receive more data. couple weeks ago I went to Goblin Valley UT to picture the Milky Way there this is one of the 21 frames I took for a panoramic stich...the green edges and the low resolution in the bottomthe green edges and the low resolution in the bottom

29 REPLIES 29

dreysi
Apprentice

Did you find an answer to this?

No, I haven't received any comments...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any filters on the lens, try shooting with them removed.

no It does not have any filters, it happens with both lenses the 15-35 & 28-70

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There is something that is not clear about your issue.  Is this something that you experienced all the time, or did it happened on just this one trip?  Have you made attempted to capture the night sky since this trip and still experience the issue?

Also, I recall the visibility of the Northern Lights around the North Pole had increased dramatically a few weeks ago.  It had supposedly become visible as far south as the Northern United States for several days, on and off.  This was due to significantly increased sunspot activity..

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/aurora-dashboard-experimental 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your response, since I bought it a little bit over a year ago, all my night shots are like these one, sometimes more some times less, when I first encounter the issue, canon tech support suggested to eliminate Friné the menu in the camera body, the use of the lens profile, that helped a little bit, one that I was able to stitched them all, with the use of the profile was imposible, the green cast was showing little bit less but still showing, now it’s just permanently bad, I have to do some extra steps to get rid of it in post but the image remains with the greenish color. You righ about the auroras as well that some times there is air glow, but that is something I can see it in the frame, but the color on the edges has a very distinguish different color and texture.

im hoping this helps to Clarified the issue, thank you

Does this happen with a single frame or only when you use a stitching software?

Can you post a link to a single .CR3 file for examination?

What software are you using for RAW conversion?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Every single frame I took (21 frames) for stitching looks like this one.  In raw or JPEG.

I read the cr3 file with DXO PureRaw file as well as Lightroom for catalogin

I’m adding a picture from almost a year ago when I was using the lens profile, look a the resolution in the bottom and the green on the top right corner

davidgs_0-1688032153005.jpeg

Announcements