cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Questions on memory card formatting and cables

Cantrell
Contributor

Received my R10 this afternoon. My D700 used compact flash card which did not need to format, but the R10 uses SDCX card. Do you need to format the SDCX card? Do you format with the computer or the R10? I thought there would be cables in the box for charging the R10 and and connecting to the computer to download the pictures or video. Thanks in advance for all responses. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The first thing I shall say that you should check out the manual which explains this, and many other things that will allow you to get the most out of the camera.  I truly want you to get the most out of your investment and I am trying to 'teach you to fish'.
You can download the manual as a PDF: c006.pdf (start.canon)

For example, the answer to your question if on P22:

Tronhard_0-1721442703633.png

The camera can be charged by a special usb cable: Canon USB Power Adapter PD-E1.

I hope this gets you going.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The first thing I shall say that you should check out the manual which explains this, and many other things that will allow you to get the most out of the camera.  I truly want you to get the most out of your investment and I am trying to 'teach you to fish'.
You can download the manual as a PDF: c006.pdf (start.canon)

For example, the answer to your question if on P22:

Tronhard_0-1721442703633.png

The camera can be charged by a special usb cable: Canon USB Power Adapter PD-E1.

I hope this gets you going.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Trevor,

Thank you for your response. Using manual that came with the R10, but I need to download that PDF manual.

Trevor,

Thank you for mentioning the PDF Users Guide. That is the educational tool that i need.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Cantrell,

No, I don't think the cables will come with the camera. You will probably see some kind of reference to the cables, "sold seperately"

Steve Thomas

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi again:

To confirm what Steve said, you will have to get the charging cable unit separately and it won't be cheap.  It is an additional accessory - NOTE that it still does not allow you to plug the camera into a USB port, you still have to plug the accessory unit into a mains power outlet.  You will also get faster charge by using the enclosed mains battery charger.  Your most economical bet is to get at least one extra battery, so that you can charge one and shoot with the other.  The battery you want is an LP-E17, which is pretty standard for Canon.   Most folks use the original Canon brand, but I have used KingMa compatible batteries at a much lower price with no issues.

cheers, TREVOR

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Cantrell,

Formatting the memory card and charging the came4a are two different things, and yes, you should format your SDXC cards in the camera. There is a process for that in your menu settings.

Steve Thomas

Steve1,

Thank you

click here to view the gallery
Announcements