cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10, All Images Vanished After I removed the SD Card

JMitch2323
Apprentice

Bought an R10 in November and shot my first event with the camera this weekend, my daughters soccer tournament. Shot day one and half of day two. Used the Canon app on my phone to download some images via WiFi from the cameras SD card after day one. Reviewed all of the images and downloaded about 20 to edit and share on social media. On day two I switched out the card at halftime because the display said I only had 70 images remaining. When I reinserted the card later that evening all of the images were gone. It did still have 1600 images on it from my old T7. I've tried to recover the images using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard but that can't find them, they've vanished. Any ideas how I can recover the images or what even happened to them? I was shooting large JPG and RAW as I did with the T7.

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority

Have you tried with Recuva or Photorec?

I did try Photorec with the same results. All the recovery software I tried pulls about 90 GB of photos off of my 64 GB card. It's recovering tons of deleted photos but  none of the ones that I took on this particular weekend. I'll check out that Recuva, maybe that'll help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hopefully one of Peter's software recommendations will help. I have used Recuvva in the past with good results. 

• It did still have 1600 images on it from my old T7.” While this may not be related to what happened to you it is always good practice to format memory cards in the camera. 
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I'm going to try that software. Hopefully it works but I'm starting to lose hope. I just don't understand where they would have went. The few recovery softwares that I've tried are finding a lot of deleted photos on the card but none from last weekend. Interestingly, now that I think about it, none of the software is finding any photos from the R10 just deleted photos from the T7. That's odd.

@JMitch2323 wrote:

I'm going to try that software. Hopefully it works but I'm starting to lose hope. I just don't understand where they would have went. The few recovery softwares that I've tried are finding a lot of deleted photos on the card but none from last weekend. Interestingly, now that I think about it, none of the software is finding any photos from the R10 just deleted photos from the T7. That's odd.

Did you ever review the images you took on the R10? Any chance that the camera was set to take images without card installed? (It's the default setting). Maybe there was a card malfunction and images were never recorded.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Yes, all of the images were on the card. I used the app on my phone connected to the camera wirelessly to download a bunch of them to my phone then throw them on social media. So they were all there. I took the card out and then put it back in the camera the next day to review some more pics and all the images were gone. Then I put in the computer. All the images are gone. And here we are. I have no idea what happened.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements