cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R - Overwhelmed Novice

ViperEye
Contributor

Hi,

Where to start. That's my problem. There are lots of sources that help learning individual traits and functions of my EOS R but nothing structured. It seems I learn something and end up with my nose back in the manual or looking online for explanations. So, can anyone direct me to a step-by-step type of tutorial; maybe with exercises or the like. I think I now know what a spider monkey must feel like trying to learn Advanced Calculus.

Thanks, Jake

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This author produces clear easy to follow books in my opinion. 

https://www.eos-magazine.com/ebooks/camera/r/understanding-eos-r.html

She also has books on photography in general.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

I'll check out that link. Thanks, JR.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

My first question is how much do you know about photography in general.  Are you new to this?
Usually, with the basics under one's belt, the manual will make a lot more sense.  So, would you like me to direct you to a site to teach you the basic principles of how cameras work - the R5 is not different at that level from any other.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Photography in general, I'm fairly comfortable in my basic knowledge. My challenge is in the complexities of the EOS R itself.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This author produces clear easy to follow books in my opinion. 

https://www.eos-magazine.com/ebooks/camera/r/understanding-eos-r.html

She also has books on photography in general.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'll check out that link. Thanks, JR.

Announcements