cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R - Cannot select Continuous High

ajistewart
Apprentice

Hi Canon Forum;

Picked up my EOS R yesterday with the 24-105 and i am so far, thoroughly impressed with it - yes, a few things to get used to but in time, i will find its little quirks. However, the one thing i cannot seem to sort is the Continuous High mode. It should be able to shoot 5fps in servo mode and 8fps in one shot MF mode. I cannot seem to select continuous high at all - its just greyed out. I can select continuous low and it works fine. Is someone able to point me in the direction of how to turn it on?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello ajistewart,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Since the High Speed Continuous drive mode is grayed out I would check to make sure the Dual Pixel RAW feature of the camera is disabled. If Dual Pixel RAW is enabled High Speed Continuous cannot be set. 

The Dual Pixel RAW feature can be found in the 1st red camera tab in the camera's menu. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello ajistewart,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Since the High Speed Continuous drive mode is grayed out I would check to make sure the Dual Pixel RAW feature of the camera is disabled. If Dual Pixel RAW is enabled High Speed Continuous cannot be set. 

The Dual Pixel RAW feature can be found in the 1st red camera tab in the camera's menu. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My H+ just started flashing in my R5.  I have a new, fully charged LP-E6NH battery in (have tried two different batteries), Dual Pixal Raw is dlsabled. High shutter speed set; raw.

Hi kitmulligan,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Are you not able to get the camera to fire in high-speed continuous mode, or is it just slower than you expect?

To help us get a better sense of what you're facing, please elaborate on what you're shooting, what shutter speed and aperture you're using, whether you have a flash, whether flicker reduction is on, and which lens you are using.

Hi

I also can't select high speed continuous mode without it flashing in the Q menu.  Using R5 with 100-400 lens or 100 macro IS 2.8 in mechanical shutter mode.  Can only use up to low speed continuous. Would love to know how to fix.  Thanks!

ajistewart
Apprentice
Hi William,

Yes, that was the issue. A very simple fix.

Cheers
Announcements