cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Dropped

BorutDezman
Contributor

hi

my EOS M50 fell to the ground from aprox 20cm. As I have tested nothing seems to be broken and it works. What should I checked or do to be sure that photo is OK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unless you send it in, there's no way to figure out if everything is good.  But since it's still working, I would continue to just use the camera and keep an eye out on if anything changes.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite

Was it a hard or soft surface that it was dropped upon?

--
Ricky

hard, concrete with a thin vinyl on it

Unless you send it in, there's no way to figure out if everything is good.  But since it's still working, I would continue to just use the camera and keep an eye out on if anything changes.

--
Ricky

I intent to 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good morning ,

Accidents happen and I'm sorry to hear this. If there is no visible damage, the only thing you can do now is use and test the camera normally for a couple of days. Please put a wrist strap on your camera.  If it turns out to be okay, you can avoid this in the future by taking this one simple precaution.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you

the strap I allways use. It hapens that it wasn't around my neck

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would send it to Canon and ask for a C&C, The M line has been discontinued so no telling how long service will be available so do it today. Dropping 8" on concrete there is unlikely to not have suffered some damage. Tell them what happened.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements