cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D SD card recovery photos

BeatriceUK
Apprentice

Hi. Back in October I transfered some photos from my canon 90d using the transfer cable on my laptop then onto my external hard drive. During transfer on drive the conection interrupted - I reinstated the conection, then when I  checked the folder I noticed only 300 out 800 photos got transfered. Now last week I've sent the laptop into service - they could not recover anything. Since October until today I have used the camera - with that SD in it. This is the first time this happened so I had no idea.  When I transfer the photos I press erase so I can use the space. And this had not happened before. I never tried, used any recovery software. Given what I recounted can anyone help me with adivce? Much appreciated. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you have been using the cad to record images the likelihood of removing any images from October and before is low. Most recovery software allows free download and use to see if it can recover anything. If it can then you would need to pay the purchase cost to have the software recover the files. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

What software would you advice? Thank you

Try this

https://www.sandisk-recovery.com

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

You can avoid this in the future by COPYING the photos to your computer, NOT moving them. Do not erase or format the memory card until you are sure you have good files on the computer. Then copy to the external drive and check them. AFTER making sure you have good files in two places, you can happily erase/format the memory card.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements