cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Self timer - Continuous Shooting

StanBinder
Apprentice

I am attempting to use the self-timer with continuous shooting on a EOS 80D.  When I select the self-timer it appears to default to single shot instead of retaining the Continuous slow setting I had previously set. My T2i enables me to use both options concurrently.  Want to take a group photo (with me in it) with the continuous option so I don't have to run back and forth between the camera and the group.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t believe it has that option.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@StanBinder wrote:

I am attempting to use the self-timer with continuous shooting on a EOS 80D.  When I select the self-timer it appears to default to single shot instead of retaining the Continuous slow setting I had previously set. My T2i enables me to use both options concurrently.  Want to take a group photo (with me in it) with the continuous option so I don't have to run back and forth between the camera and the group.

I would buy a wireless remote (not the IR type). You can get one that has intervalometer features for around $30, and one with just basic features much cheaper. I seldom use them, but keep one in my bag. If you don't want to spring for a remote trigger, check to see if the 80D has a built in intervalometer and set it up to get a few shots while your group poses. I'm pretty sure it has one, you just need to figure out the timing.

IIRC, the feature you are referring to in the T2i is actually part of the self timer, which allows you to take up to 10 shots.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think there is a little more to it than switching to Continuous Drive mode and turning on the shutter delay timer.  If that were all it took, then how many shots should the camera capture?

I think you need to make use of the internal intervalometer, assuming the 80D has one.  For example, if you set up a bracketed exposure, then using the shutter delay timer should cause the camera to capture the entire bracket of shots automatically.

You should be about to use the internal Intervalometer in the same way.  Set it up for a number of shots at fixed intervals, and away you go..  For it to work, the camera must be in Continuous Drive mode, not Single Shot Drive mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If you are shooting indoors, another option is a infrared controller.  It will work outside too if you aren't too far away.

Canon $24

Generic on Amazon $17

shadowsports_0-1668253906170.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements