cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D How to connect to external monitor

moraisluc221
Contributor

Can someone explain to me, how can I connect external monitor to Canon 7D?

18 REPLIES 18

I want to use for shooting. 

Just to clarify this:
You want to use an external monitor for shooting video and/or still images.  Currently you have had to use just the optical viewfinder in the camera and that's not working for you, so you need to connect this external device so you can look at that instead of either the optical viewfinder, or LCD of the camera.
If that is the case, as long as your Freeworld LCD 7" monitor has an HDMI input, you should be able to apply the settings outlined in P185 of the manual.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

moraisluc221
Contributor

I have been trying to connect the feelworld 7'' external monitor 

OK, so what input ports does it have please?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

moraisluc221
Contributor

with other canon cameras, you can use an external monitor as your screen. However with 7D, I connected the same monitor and it does not display the image. 

What cameras and what method are you using that works for you but not here?
I looked up the Freeworld 7" monitor range and according to their specs, they all accept 1920x1080 as an input resolution which is the output for the 7D for video.  When you say you can use "AN external monitor" have you used THIS monitor with other Canon cameras or are you going by what you have read?  As long as the HDMI is up to spec (as in the manual) it should work, if the HDMI is not the right specific type, you will have issues.

cheers, TREVOR

The feelworld has a mini HDMI to a regular hdmi. This I what I’ve been using with other canon cameras. I’ll change the cable and see. Thank you 

Well, we don't know if that is the issue until it works, but I sincerely hope so.  Good luck with that and if it turns out to not fix the issue come back to us!

cheers, TREVOR

moraisluc221,

I guess I have to thank you. Before you asked your question, I didn't know anything about external monitors or field monitors. I've learned a lot in researching your question.

Theoretically, it should work. 

Have you asked the Feelgood people if your 7D is compatible?

The only thing I can think of at this point, is are you using the HDMI cable recommended in your 7D manual?

Steve Thomas

click here to view the gallery
Announcements