cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D in 2024 or a EOS M50 Mark II?

ceherr
Apprentice

Hi,

I currently own an old canon 6d with a lens that is 24-70 f 2.8 and was thinking of buying a m50 m ii kit from my cousin. The reason why I'm asking is the 6d that I'm using is quite heavy and bulky for me so I wanted something lighter and I got to try the m50 when shooting with my cousin and it was a lot easier to handle and a lot more portable. If I'm going to go with the m50 mii I'm going to keep the 24-70 f 2.8 using the adapter. I have also noticed that indoors in a well lit room 6d struggles to perform and underexposes the scene.

The kit that my cousin is selling is around a 1100€ and contains a m50 m ii, 3x batteries and chargers for them, Sigma 16mm f 1.4, canon 11-22mm, Nd filter for sigma, canon 70-300, viltrox adapter ef to ef-m and a canon 15-45mm. He can modify the kit and remove some items.

I'm looking for an advice on whether I should stick with the canon or switch to m50 m ii and if yes do I need a full kit or are some of those lenses useless for a beginner.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

ceherr,

I don't know if I would spend a lot of money on the M line of cameras any more. It's a dying line. For that kind of money, you could invest in something like the R10 and an 18-150mm lens kit.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I was going to recommend the R8.  I agree with Steve. I would not invest in an M series body

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements