cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Missing Photos after Shooting and Reviewing

owa5489
Apprentice

Hello all. Yesterday I shot a bunch of photos for a graduation. I shot some before, during, and after the event. When I got home and looked at the SD card, I noticed only the shots I took before the graduation were on the card. 

This was very puzzling, because throughout the day I was going back and looking throught the pictures I took through the camera itself. Why would certain batches of photos just disappear like that? 

I have tried many recovery programs, none of which have helped (all on Mac);

EaseUS

Stellar Photo Recovery

Disk Drill

CardRescue

RecoverIt

All of these programs seem to give the same results - deep scan and all.

I just don't understand how some CR2 files could go missing even after clearly seeing they were recorded to the card. Can someone point me in the right direction of what to do? or suggest a better recovery program?

I shot with a Canon 6D and used a Sony Sd Card, 32GB. Thank you guys. Any help is appreciated.

Camera used: Canon 6D

SD Card used: Sony 32GB (Front - SF-32UY) (Back - 20697451)

File type: CR2 (not CR2 + JPEG)

11 REPLIES 11

Well since I did not get any helpful comments and this person's issue wasn't solved by the community it was very sensical to try and ask if they ever did solve it. Does it cost anything?

Nope. Doesn't cost a cent. But some of the participating members from five years ago may no longer be active on the site, or may no longer be subscribed to receive notice of responses to a 5 year old thread.

Announcements