cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II How to get histogram to display (Shooting Information Display)

Skip70
Enthusiast

Canon 6D Mark II

I cannot get the Shooting Display (which includes the histogram) to show when I review a shot on the LCD after pressing INFO button (twice). 

To be clear (sorry, but the folks on Facebook Canon pages don't seem to understand this ..!):

1. I am in Creative Zone mode as required (Av) for this Shooting Information Display feature to work.

2. While replaying the photo, I press the INFO button twice. First time gives me the Basic Shooting Display, but pressing again does not give me the more detailed Shooting Information Display, which includes the hologram.It simply reverts to the bare photo display.  

3. I am NOT shooting in Live view and pp. 388-392 of the manual makes it very clear that the histogram display is available in regular shooting, not just Live view. 

I', beginning to wonder if there is a technical problem with my camera. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skip70
Enthusiast

Fixed it. I got Canon on the phone. We downloaded the firmware again and did a fresh install. Working fine now. 

Thanks for everyone's patience and help. Onward!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

As I posted originally, I have a 6D. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a quote from your first post:

"Canon 6D Mark II"

Then forget everything I have researched for you, as it was for a Mark II as per your post.

Okay, for goodness sake. Sorry I did not add Mark II on my reply. My obvious point was that I have a 6, not a 5. 

Why do you say I "should" have it. That is not the menu in 6D. Yopu have a 5D.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip

The only thing I can suggest is at this point, is to low level format an SD card in your camera, take a new photo, and see if you are able to toggle to the histogram display. The manual has this warning on viewing images:

Screenshot 2023-09-14 222308.jpg

 I take this to mean that possibly info such as the histogram might not display.

Skip70
Enthusiast

I've concluded for now that this is a technical glitch on my camera. It is now showing the Shooting Information screen (meaning the histogram) on the LCD automatically after each shot without pressing INFO, but when I call up that photo after it goes blank and press INFO a couple of tikmes, it again only gives me the photo and the Basic Shot screen, not the Shooting Information screen. So, this may be an isolated issue with my camera, but I'll share what I get from Canon on this later today. 

Skip70
Enthusiast

Fixed it. I got Canon on the phone. We downloaded the firmware again and did a fresh install. Working fine now. 

Thanks for everyone's patience and help. Onward!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had you updated the firmware prior to your problem?

Announcements