cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6 Mirrorless - Green Lines and Magenta Fragment

stevehvu
Apprentice

This issue is beginning to become bothersome and I was wondering if anyone has a solution before I send my camera off for repair. 

On the camera screen, I see strange green and magenta lines and fragments when I actively use the camera. When I pull the files off my SD card, the JPEG images capture the green and magenta lines and fragments. However, when I open the RAW files on photoshop and lightroom the lines and digital fragments disappear.

Unfortunately, when I do any recordings the video has all of the green and magenta digital fragments and there is nothing I can do to remove them from the video. 

I tried to update my camera's driver but that did not resolve the issue. At this point I am assuming my camera is defective even though I bought it brand new from Best Buy back in September... 

This is an example of a jpeg file from the sd card after shooting with the EOS R.

example 1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Peter
Authority
Authority
It is because I let RawTherapee show Bayer pattern before demosaicing. Not possible in DPP4. Note that the green line in JPEG is at the same place as one of the brighter "boxes" in the raw file.

What's the meaning/cause of that then?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Peter
Authority
Authority

Edit: Had some more time now. I had capture sharpening turned on in RawTherapee. When I disable it the pattern disappear.

I also tried in darktable and to check the Bayer pattern there. Nothing. Must have been an artifact from capture sharpening.

Announcements