cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6 Mirrorless - Green Lines and Magenta Fragment

stevehvu
Apprentice

This issue is beginning to become bothersome and I was wondering if anyone has a solution before I send my camera off for repair. 

On the camera screen, I see strange green and magenta lines and fragments when I actively use the camera. When I pull the files off my SD card, the JPEG images capture the green and magenta lines and fragments. However, when I open the RAW files on photoshop and lightroom the lines and digital fragments disappear.

Unfortunately, when I do any recordings the video has all of the green and magenta digital fragments and there is nothing I can do to remove them from the video. 

I tried to update my camera's driver but that did not resolve the issue. At this point I am assuming my camera is defective even though I bought it brand new from Best Buy back in September... 

This is an example of a jpeg file from the sd card after shooting with the EOS R.

example 1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like it might be chromatic aberration.

What is chromatic aberration? - beginner's guide | Adobe

Which lens on your R6?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you!

I am currently using the Canon - RF 35mm F1.8 Macro.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you speaking to the magenta lines around say the edges of the belt buckle?  If so, see John Hoffman's reply about chromatic aberation.

However, I see three horizontal single-pixel cyan lines through the image along with quite a bit of magenta/cyan noise all throughout (especially the background).  I'm not sure what the cause of that would be.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Can you link to a file sharing site and post a RAW file and a JPEG file of the same image?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Here is a link to a Google Folder with a jpeg and raw files of the same image.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XWSIBA55hklVEMW1Jf6VZVQEJaAugUyV?usp=sharing

I was able to open your RAW image in Photoshop and it didn't contain any artifacts.  Saved to a JPEG in sRGB color space and again, no artifacts at all.  For some reason, the JPEG images being created in camera are containing strange artifacts.

Something's definitey going on then with your JPEG files and videos.   I would call Canon and see if this may require a repair.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Sounds good. Thank you for helping out!

The raw file. Shouldn't look like that.

Skärmbild från 2021-07-07 06-46-19.png

I downloaded the files and processed them in Canon DPP.

I do not get the stepping that Peter shows.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 055948.jpg

One strange/interesting thing I did observe:  I had DPP download the DLO lens data. When I turned on DLO the image would sometimes display the green lines and the red/greeen speckles if I scrolled the full size image in the display. It wasn't always showing, and it was transient (so I couldn't get a screen capture) but it was there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements