cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5DS R Availability

starimages1
Contributor

Went to purchase a few 5DSR camera bodies and they are no longer available.    Anyone know why???

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

I believe Canon has replaced the 5DSR with the Canon R5. The RF Mount is the future and Canon is discontinuing older EF Mount cameras and lenses.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

starimages1
Contributor

Yikes.... I didn't know that although i suspected it.    I have about 25 cameras that it looks like are being phased out.   GRRRRRRR                   Thank you for your response

FWIW, here is a link to the Canon US refurbished camera site, and the 5DsR listing.  Out of stock right now, but you can select to get a notification when one comes available.  This one is $1199
Shop Canon Refurbished EOS 5DS R Body | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

DaveGershon
Contributor

In January 2021, B&H had them on sale at $1499.00, which was when I bought one. This was the last of them.  No one else had them.  The Canon site every once in a while would have them as refurbished.  B&H would get a few every month, eventually all of the supply dried up.  This went on through 2021 and after that there were no more being sold.  It was replaced by the R5.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements