cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV - WB change constantly with the same light conditions and same settings.

EngraciaGrace
Contributor

Dear people,

Please I need your help. It seems that my Canon 5Div that the WB keeps changing to more warmer temperature in some of my pictures taking them with the same light conditions and same settings. I work in hotels giving photography service to the clientes there. Some how I started to have a few pic that seems that the White balance change to more warmer temperature suddenly form one pic to the other in kind of burst "just the normal burst" not so fast. So I thought it would have been that suddenly a little cloud or something could affect the light or even in the pool , as the water is moving kind of reflecting the light differently as the pool is blue.... anyway.. I thought that was kind of an explanation. But Now I am working in the studio and I am facing the same issue. Some of the photos are more yellow that the others. It doen´t seem to have explanation. Does Anyone  know if the sensor is getting old or anything else? Please advice.

6 REPLIES 6

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

EngraciaGrace,

Are you using a set White Balance, or are you using Auto White Balance?

Steve Thomas

I am using a set of WB, sunny went outside, K for studio...etc... . No Auto WB at all. 

I really don´t understand why this is happening. 

If you have a set white balance - it is the light that is changing. You could be getting some LED flicker. Does it change from shot to shot?

Are you shooting RAW or JPEG?

If RAW, what is your processor? Have you tried DPP?

I don´t think it is the light that is changing as it is happening outdoors and in the studio. And yes it is changing from shot to shot. 

I am shooting normally in JPEG.  

I don´t know what you mean regarding processor neither DPP... can you advice please?

If you are shooting JPEG, it does not matter.

EngraciaGrace
PREVIEW

kvbarkley had a good suggestion. Make sure your anti- flicker settings are turned on in your camera.

If you go outside on a bright, sunny day and pick a Kelvin setting of 5200 - 5300K instead of your Sunny preset, does the same thing happen?

Steve Thomas 
Announcements