cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark III Canon Warranty for non authorized dealer purchase

kronie
Apprentice

Does Canon honor the USA warraties if its purchased from a non authorised dealer?

If I buy a new 5D MKIII from a non authorized dealer do I have a Canon 12 month warranty or not?

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Trevor,

I really don't see how folks find these years old posts. But there have been several lately. Four years is a long time for a post when there are thousands posted after it.

MrJCBeau, and others, is a victim of wanting the lowest price and who can blame him. Folks shop ebay and Amazon because they think they are getting the best prices. And, to complicate things some Canon stuff sold on ebay is from authorized Canon USA dealers. Most is not! The same is true about Amazon. Amazon is a real deal Canon USA retailer. Problem is some of the Amazon Marketplace stores are not and it is usually difficult to tell where your item is coming from. 

"Canon's customer service is exceptional but they are not obligated to repair non-authorized gear even if you pay for the service."

Sometimes the lowest price is not the best deal!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ernie:
Yes, I agree... I am all in favour of folks looking for a solution that has already been found, but when I see people connecting to posts way back in time (I was surprised to see posts from the late Robert the Fat!), I wonder...

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I have just had this problem. On Nov-8-2022 I contacted Canon about a printer problem I was having.”  

That date is two week from now.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Stephen

🤣

That's why we have policies, and you can view them online. HERE is where you can learn about Gray Market, and HERE is where you can learn about warranties in general. Specific to the PIXMA MX922, the warranty info can be found on THIS PAGE.

Announcements