cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 4000D Camera Connect will not connect to iPhone

Iancoady
Apprentice

I have a 4000D which up to now has been fine. Occasionally it’s taken a couple of goes to connect to my iPhone (running iOS16) but generally it’s worked.

Today it just stopped working. I can connect my iPhone to the Canon WiFi but because there’s no internet, the iPhone won’t show the little WiFi symbol in the top right and the Camera Connect App won’t connect.

I’ve tried rebooting both the camera and the phone, and when that failed the network settings on my iPhone and my camera - it still won’t work. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and taking the battery and SIM card out of the camera as well. Same issue - iPhone half connects but because there’s no internet it won’t fully connect.

I’m guessing this is an iPhone settings issue with the WiFi but I can’t find a way around it. If I can get it to connect to the WiFi (but with no internet) then I’m guessing the app will work again. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You do not need internet for the camera to connect with the Canon Connect App on your mobile device.  The camera acts as an access point (adhoc network).  The App on your mobile device connects to it.

Please reset the network setting on your camera and forget the camera connection profile in the app on your mobile device.  Now go through the set up connection process again.

This often resolves these types of connectivity issues.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree with Rick.  Delete any Wi-Fi setups you have in the camera and start over from the beginning.  Something changed, and it was probably in the phone.  Probably an update.

The main reason why phones want to drop the Wi-Fi hotspot created by the camera is because the camera does not provide an internet connection.  However, the phones will only drop the camera if you allow it do so.

I recommend disabling “auto-connect” to a Wi-Fi network inside the phone.  Make it ask you if you want to switch networks.  Of course, you will tell it no so that you stay connected to the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

None of this works. The camera connects to my iPhone and stops on "Connected device: iPhone" and then nothing happens. This was before and after deleting all of the settings

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements