cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D Firmware Update Error

Jolene
Apprentice

Hi there, 

I have recently bought a Canon EOS 2000D and it has been working perfectly fine. 

This morning when I wanted to use it, even while off it displays a message that says Firmware update program
Update file cannot be found. Please check memory card and reload the battery and try again. 

My battery is fully charged and the SD card empty. Please could you assist and tell me what I can do to get my camera working again. 

Thank, Jolene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had you tried to update the firmware and it failed to update? Can you access the menus?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had you tried to update the firmware and it failed to update? Can you access the menus?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jolene wrote:

Hi there, 

I have recently bought a Canon EOS 2000D and it has been working perfectly fine. 

This morning when I wanted to use it, even while off it displays a message that says Firmware update program
Update file cannot be found. Please check memory card and reload the battery and try again. 

My battery is fully charged and the SD card empty. Please could you assist and tell me what I can do to get my camera working again. 

Thank, Jolene

Sounds like you inadvertently selected the Firmware Update page in the Menu system.

Is there an option showing to cancel?

What happens if you remove the card and power the camera on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

s229657
Apprentice

What is the feedback on my query?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements