cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D Camera Connect Video Download

Rockape1690
Apprentice

I am unable to import videos from my Canon to my cellphone . Photos are no problem but it says video format not supported ! Amy advise please?

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, Rockape1690!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using in addition to whether you're using an iPhone or an Android phone. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Danny . Canon EOS 2000D. Andriod Phone is a Hisense H50

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think the basic problem is that you are using an Android device, which are not normally able to play MOV video files.  The MOV format is owned by Apple..  

There are work arounds.  I think the free VLC app can play MOV files, but that does not solve the problem of getting the files out of the camera and onto your Android device.  The Android OS does not directly support MOV files.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks very much . I am due to get a new phone so Apple  it is 

Hello! I have an iphone and the same camera and i can’t get videos onto my phone. Do you know why this could be?

equinegeorgia,

What method are you using to try and get videos from your camera to your iphone?

Steve Thomas

It will depend upon what format your camera is capturing the video.  I believe that most non-dedicated video equipment may end up using formats that are not directly sharable with mobile devices.  To include Apple's MOV format which is a bit ironic.

For any camera, cinema camera or camcorder that can directly create H.264 or H.265 (aka HEVC) video clips, they should be directly sharable with your iPhone.  However, if the files created are MOV, MXF or some other format meant more for editing, you'd first need to send the clips to a computer and export them as a sharable format.  e.g. by using applications such as Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, etc.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements