cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1300D Screen Goes Blank, Camera Freezes

Khaya
Apprentice

Hi 

I have a question on how I can resolve the problem that i have with my Cannon 1300D, when I want to take a picture using my LCD screen, the screen just goes blank and the camera freezes totally. When i switch it off and on again nothing I have to remove the battery first in order to get it working again. I have reset my settings but no changes is there any way I can get help.??

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does it work properly if you are using the optical view finder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes that’s how I am using it now. 

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Does the camera report an Error Code of any kind when this happens.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Doesn’t say anything or show an error message. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have reset my settings ..."

Did you really do a full reset? Clear all settings and clear all custom settings? OK the next thing to try and actually all that is left is a new battery and a new SD card. Also a different lens is a good idea. If it still shows the same issue, professional service will be required.

While on the new battery, you need to make sure the charger is fully charging the battery too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks a lot. The battery is working properly and it last up to 12 hours if I have a photoshoot session. So it wouldn’t be any of those things to be quite honest. 

Based on everything you have described it sounds like a circuit board problem. As Ernie said, be sure to compare repair cost against getting a new body. If you are in the US Keh camera has several almost new bodies for ~$200. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there

I have this same issue. Do you think it's the power board that's at fault? I've run a separate power supply to the shutter and it fires okay.

Paul

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, if repair is needed keep in mind the cost of a replacement T6. A Rebel T6 is worth around $150 bucks in great condition. That doesn't leave much room for repair and parts if needed.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements