cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in shutter release - Canon R 10

PaulieD
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon EOS R 10, 18-45 lens.  This camera has turned me into a functional idiot (my wife is in background yelling 'read the instructions').  Here's the issue, and I am sure it is due to a setting that I set by mistake. I wanted to take a test photo and camera said it required a flash.  I made adjustments, and went to take it, and it had a timer delay before shutter release.  What in hades did I do?  Paul

3 REPLIES 3

First of all... Don't Panic! LOL! Look in the manual or menus (usually a touch command on the back LCD, my R5 has a "Q" button), for "Drive mode". Once there, set it to "Single shot". Sounds like you have the timer on, which is one of the Drive mode options 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Paulie,

I'm inclined to agree with FloridaDrafter, it sounds like the 2 second self timer has been set by accident. You can see how to change it back to [ONE SHOT] on page 499 of the instruction manual I've got linked below:

https://cam.start.canon/en/C006/manual/c006.pdf

PaulieD
Apprentice

Thanks guys, you are correct.  

I really like this camera - have had Canons all the way since film days.

Announcements