cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Target Not Found (Err12) for Canon Rebel T6 and iPhone 14 Pro (ios 16.1)

itsmesteven
Apprentice

Hi friends.  I just upgraded my phone, and now cannot connect my camera's wifi to my phone, and am hoping for suggestions.

I've done a wifi reset on the camera and created a new wifi link, which is connecting just fine, but it seems like my phone is not finding the camera and connecting.  

I realize I've an older camera, but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea(s) on how best to go about fixing the wifi transfer on this? Until I upgraded my phone, I didnt seem to have any issues in doing so.

6 REPLIES 6

itsmesteven
Apprentice

As an addendum, I have also tried to set both the camera and phone wifi to other (home/office) wifi networks with no success 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If both devices can connect to the same network, then should able to fin each other. It does not happen automatically.  You must tell each device to look for the other

Delete any existing connections in the camera before you sultry it again. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

itsmesteven
Apprentice

I appreciate the assist; unfortunately, even with resetting the camera back to factory settings, it's still throwing the cannot connect error.  

Restoring factory defaults does NOT reset everything. There are at least s half dozen things that are cleared out.  For example, date and time fix not reset  

You must go into your Wi-Fi menus and delete the connections to the old camera.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

itsmesteven
Apprentice

Correct - clearing wifi settings was the first thing I did, and have done a half dozen times since.  If there's something else I haven't done, I'd be overjoyed if you could walk me through it.  I'm still fairly new to this, and any help goes a long way.

Rendekk
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, phone will find the camera, but at the time a connection should be established, it throws an error. I've tried multiple solutions with no success. Hopefully someone finds the solution or Canon fixes this problem itself.

Announcements