cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t6 external flash being triggered by other cameras

paultheic
Contributor

Hi guys

I have a canon t6, LS Photography LGG626 Flash Strobe Light 160W connected via Pixel TF-321 Pixel e-TTL Flash Hot Shoe using a sync cable.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

The flash works great for my photo booth but is being triggered by other photographers at events.

I cant work out how to stop the remote triggers.

many thanks in advance!

[Commercial links removed and replaced with screenshots to serve as visual aids.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Your Canon EOS T6 has no built-in wireless off camera flash capability. There is nothing in the camera menus that would help with your problem. 

The Pixel TF-321 does not use wireless to trigger the flash. It is strictly a wired connection directly from your hot shoe via the PC sync cord to the flash.  If your strobe is going off while connected to Pixel TF-321 it must be responding to optical slave flash since there is no other way another photographer could possibly trigger it. 

I strongly suspect your flash has a built in optical slave trigger that responds to other flashes of light. Do you have a user manual for the LS Photography LGG626 Flash Strobe? One specification I saw online for that strobe says it has “inductor” trigger. Another one said “Photo-Cell(Salve Sensor) Include: Turns on Automatically in Dark    That may be just an odd way of saying optical slave flash. It must have a built-in optical slave flash, that is being triggered by other photographers. If possible, just turn off the optical slave flash function. If there is no switch, try covering up the slave sensor with black tape. (There seems to be some sensors at the top of the unit and one of them may be an optical slave sensor.)

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Mike

No manual i've reached out to the company hopefully i'll hear soon. It's so confusing at one event i was in a completely separate room next to another booth and their camera was triggering mine and not theirs. At another event a few weeks ago there was a photographer walking around and her camera wasn't triggering her flash but triggering mine. I have a few t6's ill try a test today with built in flash on one and see if it is anything optical!

thanks!

You were 100% correct. there was an optical sensor on the top of the strobe.

thanks so much!

Announcements