cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel six - Photos blurry and overexposed

Love1smile
Apprentice

I just got my Canon rebel six and every time I take a picture the picture comes out super super bright and it isn’t even look like I’m in that much sunlight outside? Then when I took pictures the first time it was blurry, but I changed the MF to AF and it changed the blurry and I thought the light was gonna go away but the light is still an issue. Every time I take a picture can someone please help me?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

What mode do you have the camera in? Manual (M), Program (P), etc?

Suggest you first put the camera in Auto mode (green "A") and take photos.  Do they turn out OK?  If not, there's something going on with your camera and/or lens.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I had it on M now I will check to see with auto.Even with Auto if I take it outside in the day like I did before would I see them with auto cause when I took the picture with M I took a family’s photo outside and they all looked bright white like all the sun was facing them you couldn’t even see their faces.i will check tomorrow thank you so much

Hi and welcome to the forum:
I would suggest shooting first in P mode to see if the camera is working to get the right exposure when it does all the decision-making.  Then switch to Av mode, and set the ISO to automatic.   Try shooting a few shots with that.
No matter what mode you're in, you have to be aware of the camera's settings, as listed along the bottom of the viewfinder.

If you are coming from a cell phone, the fact is that shooting with a dedicated camera offers a lot more capability and control, but it requires the photographer to understand how cameras gauge exposure and then how to manipulate the three controls of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO to get the correct exposure.  If you have not got that sorted, I suggest checking out the following video by professional photographer Chris Bray.
(2) Learn Photography - Simple, Practical - Free Photography Course 1/10 - YouTube

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@rs-eos wrote:

What mode do you have the camera in? Manual (M), Program (P), etc?

Suggest you first put the camera in Auto mode (green "A") and take photos.  Do they turn out OK?  If not, there's something going on with your camera and/or lens.

Ricky is referring setting the top mode dial to the Green [A+] mode.  I like this idea.  I also make this suggestion with users who seem to be beginners.

It is a quick and dirty way for inexperienced users to “reset the camera to factory defaults”.  More times than not, asking beginners to take a deep dive into the menus to reset their cameras is too much to ask.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Love1smile!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using.  To date, we've release three different models in the EOS Rebel series that feature the number 6 in their name, specifically the EOS Rebel T6, the EOS Rebel T6i, and the EOS Rebel T6s. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements