cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel SL2 Lighting issue

mlebrett
Apprentice

My son is a film student and the videos he shoots have lines of unnatural looking shadows that scroll up the screen. Has anyone else experienced this before? Thanks for any input you may have! 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Most likely the lines are interference patterns between the camera's recording settings and the frequency of the lighting source.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Trevor reports a common problem. Many cameras have an antiflicker setting for still shooting.

What happens if he tries recording outside in daylight?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I went through the manual for this camera and can find no feature for this. Definitely worth experimenting with inside vs. outside illumination.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

mlebrett
Apprentice

Thanks to you both! It happens when he shoots video. I don’t think they appear in stills. I will share with him. 

Announcements