cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R8 screen doesn't auto rotate when viewing images

Lbentley
Apprentice

So I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find a solution. When reviewing images on my camera, the screen doesn't auto rotate when viewing vertical images vertically. It's surely a setting I am missing but i have tried the auto rotate in the gear icon and the rotate images in the playback settings. Any help would be appreciated." Just to be clear, I take a image vertical, press play button to view image and i see the vertical image but on horizontal view, i turn my camera sideways but the image doesn't turn vertically." what setting fixes this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lbentley,

The image and video playback on the camera is intended for viewing while the camera is held in horizontal orientation. The Auto Rotate option sets the camera so that when you take a photo with the camera held vertically the image will playback vertical when you view it. The EOS R8 does not have a setting to rotate an image in real time as you are changing the orientation of the camera.  

We appreciate feedback on updates and features customers would like us to make to our products. We have a team that documents and handles customer feedback. I have already alerted them to this email, but if you want to contact them directly in the future they can be reached by going to our website HERE and selecting Feedback in the top right corner of the site. We do take customer suggestions and feedback into consideration when we are updating our products and processes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lbentley,

The image and video playback on the camera is intended for viewing while the camera is held in horizontal orientation. The Auto Rotate option sets the camera so that when you take a photo with the camera held vertically the image will playback vertical when you view it. The EOS R8 does not have a setting to rotate an image in real time as you are changing the orientation of the camera.  

We appreciate feedback on updates and features customers would like us to make to our products. We have a team that documents and handles customer feedback. I have already alerted them to this email, but if you want to contact them directly in the future they can be reached by going to our website HERE and selecting Feedback in the top right corner of the site. We do take customer suggestions and feedback into consideration when we are updating our products and processes.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements