cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R8 Stuck Shutter

chkrd
Contributor

Upgraded from an M50 with a stuck shutter to an R8 which now seems to be victim of it as well. Fires one photo, shutter sticks closed, and then re-opens after a power cycle. Any advice/insight as to what could be causing it? Pretty disappointed I’ve had two cameras seemingly brick themselves now.IMG_6185.jpeg

12 REPLIES 12

So far it looks like one of my batteries may be faulty. I’m hoping that’s the case, since that’s a much simpler and cheaper issue to amend. I was shooting in manual mode, but was able to replicate the problem in pretty much every other shooting mode I tested.

Again stop using the battery grip. The camera wasn't designed for one. It was designed to use 1 battery in the camera and no battery grip at all. If it was designed for one a 1st Party Canon battery grip would be available for the camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

What settings are you using? Have you tried in full auto mode with a Canon lens, a Genuine Canon battery, and no card? Could it be noise reduction for a long exposure?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements