cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R7 Movie Time lapse setting

EVaughan
Contributor

When using the R7 time lapse movie mode, if you use a shutter speed of two seconds or longer with two second interval chosen. Will the camera skip frames because it's trying to take an image every two seconds, but the shutter could be open exposing one image for two seconds or longer. Or will if just use 2 second interval between each image no matter how long of shutter speed you have chosen? 

15 REPLIES 15

"....Then each shot will be four second long exposure, then wait 2 seconds and take the next shot without skipping frames?"  

If you want the above behaviour, you need to set the shutter speed to 4 seconds and the interval to 6 seconds.

yes, that's what I discovered by trial and error: set the interval to the nominal shutter speed plus 2 secs. I don't yet know whether 2 secs works for all possible shutter speeds but is seems to work for 4 and 8 sec shutter speeds .

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@EVaughan wrote:

When using the R7 time lapse movie mode, if you use a shutter speed of two seconds or longer with two second interval chosen. Will the camera skip frames because it's trying to take an image every two seconds, but the shutter could be open exposing one image for two seconds or longer. Or will if just use 2 second interval between each image no matter how long of shutter speed you have chosen? 

The shutter speed must not be more than or equal to the interval. If your camera is busy when the next shot is scheduled, like writing the previous shot to disk, the next shot will be skipped. At least that is the way it works in the R5 and 6, but I think that is pretty standard. I've tried the built in time lapse, but I use a MIOPS unit, and it works that way also.

Newton

EVaughan
Contributor

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated. 

Joona
Apprentice

I have also problem with timelapse and my R7. Using shooting mode M or C1 M (Manual based Custom 1) I can’t star record time lapse. Everything works fine but hitting record button does nothing when it should show start recording option on screen. Test shot still works fine. Time lapse is working fine with other shooting modes.

image.jpg

Any ideas is there some wrong option or what? 🤷🏼‍♂️

@Joona wrote:

I have also problem with timelapse and my R7. Using shooting mode M or C1 M (Manual based Custom 1) I can’t star record time lapse. Everything works fine but hitting record button does nothing when it should show start recording option on screen. Test shot still works fine. Time lapse is working fine with other shooting modes.

image.jpg

Any ideas is there some wrong option or what? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Please start a new thread for your issue, so that people can see where your question(s) begin.  It becomes very confusing to discuss different issues with multiple members on the same thread.  We lose track of who has what problem.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements