cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 mk II doesn´t want to work with Samyang RF 1.4 AF

LuisGalle
Apprentice

I bought the R6 mk II two weeks ago, before that i had the R, and with the R didn´t have any issues with that lens, but, i changed to the r6 mk ii, and this weekend the lens worked perfectly, but, today, with out any change or something, the lens doesn´t  want to connect to the camera, the F parameter it appears in "00" and doesn´t take the photo even if i change to MF in the switch. could be a firmware issue? or a block from canon to third party lenses?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have another camera to try that lens on, or do you have another lens to try on the R6 Mark II? That should determine what device is faulty.

yes, i have a canon rf 24mm, and it works correctly, today i´ll go with a friend who i sold them my previous camera (The R) to check if in his body it works or dont, and know wheres the issue 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to remove and re-install the lens to wipe the lens and camera body contacts by doing so?

If the lens worked over the weekend ok, it is not a firmware issue. Canon doesn't deliberately block third party lenses. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Look for a camera setting that allows the shutter to release without a lens attached.  If that doesn't work, the lens is not compatible with the body.  A lens firmware update might help.    Try this  ...  Orange Menu CF.n III number 7

shadowsports_0-1692643452333.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rick,

If I understand him correctly, he stated that it worked over the weekend, but not today.

Correct, this saturady i used the lens in a wedding, and everything was okey, i finished the wedding with all working fine, and today tried to take a photo to my cat, and the problem started

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hmm,

Indeed he did.  "00" buck usually means communication failure.  Please try the "release with no lens attached" anyway.  If that doesn't help, reset the camera's main and custom settings.  Then retest.  If none of those resolve it, its got to be the lens itself.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The lens is not fully compatible with R series camera bodies.  I recommend that you contact Samyang regarding a firmware update or even a full refund.

This lens model should have been pulled from store shelves a couple of years ago.  Canon had banned all third party lenses for the RF mount, citing copyright infringement.  Samyang and others quickly complied.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements