cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5C drains LPE6NH battery even with USB-C port connection with NP-F960 battery

YULI
Apprentice

I have a inquiry regarding the Canon R5C camera: currently working with:

- NP-F SmallRig board with new USB-C output.

- Kastar For Son NP-F960/970 lithium battery 7.4V 8700mAh, 64.5Wh new

- Brand new original Canon USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the camera

- Brand new Canon R5C camera that has been working with for 3 months now

- Brand new, original Canon LPE6NH battery

- Camera firmware 1.0.7.1

- Ronin RS3 PRO stabilizer

SCENARIO #1: Canon LPE6NH battery runs out of power.  Why?

1. The battery is placed in the camera, fully charged to 100%.

1. Connect the camera to one end of the USB-C cable and the SmallRig board to the other end of the USB-C cable. Place the Kastar For Son NP-F960/970 lithium battery 7.4V 8700mAh, 64.5Wh with a 100% charge on the SmallRig board.

1. The camera is turned on in Video Mode and after a while of work, it is noticed that the Canon LPE6NH battery has no charge; it is as if the camera is not taking the power supply from the USB-C port. However, the camera can continue to work in Video Mode. This was not the case 2 months ago when the camera was purchased.

SCENARIO #2: Camera shuts down when removing the Canon LPE6NH batter. Is it normal?

1. The camera is still connected to the Kastar NP-F960/970 battery through its USB-C port, I decide to remove the Canon LPE6NH battery to replace it with a 100% charged one, but when I do this, the camera turns off. Is this normal? Shouldn't the camera still be on and taking the power coming from its USB-C port?

SCENARIO #3: Connection with Ronin RS3 PRO stabilizer

1. The stabilized Ronin RS3 PRO does not activate recording by USB-C connection to the camera.

TEST #1: Charging the Canon LPE6NH battery

1. The Canon LPE6NH battery is placed inside the camera, either slightly discharged or fully charged.

1. To one end of the USB-C cable is connected the camera and to the other end of the USB-C cable, the SmallRig board, on the latter, is placed the Kastar For Son NP-F960/970 lithium battery 7.4V 8700mAh, 64.5Wh with a 100% charge.

1. The camera is turned off/OFF and the Canon LPE6NH battery is charged correctly; while charging, the lower bulb on the right side lights green and the upper LCD display shows a flash icon inside a battery icon, when the battery charges to 100%, FULL is displayed.

TEST #2: Turning the camera on in Video Mode

1. Place a slightly discharged or fully charged Canon LPE6NH battery inside the camera.

1. Connect the camera to one end of the USB-C cable and the SmallRig board to the other end of the USB-C cable. Place the Kastar For Son NP-F960/970 lithium battery 7.4V 8700mAh, 64.5Wh with a 100% charge on the SmallRig board.

1. Turn on the camera in Video Mode and the green light bulb, located on the upper left side, lights up.

TEST #3: Charging a MacBook Pro

1. To one end of the original Canon USB-C cable, a MacBook 2019 16" laptop computer is connected, and to the other end of the USB-C cable, the SmallRig board, on the latter, the Kastar For Son NP-F960/970 lithium 7.4V 8700mAh, 64.5Wh battery is placed with a 100% charge.

1. The computer receives charge from the SmallRig board correctly, until it reaches 100%.

TEST #4: Using the MacBook Pro Charger

1. To the camera is connected, the original MacBook Pro 2019 16" MacBook Pro laptop computer charger and USB-C cable. This charger is USB-PD 20.5V 4.7A or 15.0V 3.0A or 9.0V A 3.0A or 5.2V A 3.0, which does receive the charge from this charger, via USB-C port.

1. The camera is off/OFF and the Canon LPE6NH battery is receiving charge correctly; while charging, the bottom bulb on the right side lights green and the top LCD display shows a flash icon inside a battery icon, when the battery charges to 100%, it shows FULL.

I hope you can help me to know if this is normal with the R5C model or should I do some update, firmware reversal

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements