cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 - mode dial - the word "mode" is printed diagonal

svencich
Apprentice

Dear board members,

I have purchased a Canon R5 today and playing around with it I noticed that the word "mode" on the mode dial is not straight. Since I am new to the camera that is maybe a stupid question 🤔 but is there a way to turn that inner mode button, so that the word "mode" looks straight?

It is not a big deal, but being in love with straight lines it kind of irritates me to look at that diagonal word "mode" 🙈 Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance! Sven

IMG_0744.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

unclejace54
Enthusiast

Try turning the dial counter-clockwise. Mode button has a little bit of angular movement and that I believe is normal.

svencich
Apprentice

I have tried that. It moves a tiny bit but snaps back in its original position shown above 😶

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

From a randomly selected online review.

Looks like its normal.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 133442.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

svencich
Apprentice

Thank you John! That seems a bit irritating to me 😁  Just like the camera shouldn't have passed the quality control. 
But as a pro photographer I am maybe too much of a perfectionist here. That being said, in Germany this camera costs about 4.500 Euros and from that perspective ... I feel it should rather look like the Canon product shot here

Canon-EOS-R5-Top.jpg

unclejace54
Enthusiast

This is what mine looks like and it never bothered me, until this thread was started.🤣IMG_1237.jpg

svencich
Apprentice

Hehe 😁 Fair enough.
Like I said,  it just feels strange to my eye. 🙂 When you're designing books and user interfaces
at least it's a bit irritating.

Announcements