cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5, AF Method, Eye Detection

Laoshi-Royal
Apprentice

I am new to the Canon R5 and I am encountering the following issue with "Eye Detection" under AF settings:
 "Not Available because of associated function's setting." 

What specific "ASSOCIATED FUNCTION'S SETTINGS" would interfere with using eye detection on the Canon R5?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not own the R5.  I would have to download the manual, and look up the part where it describes setting up those AF features.  No doubt, any exceptions and cautions would be listed there.  

If I had to hazard a guess, I would think the feature is not compatible with using a single AF point.  You probably need to some Zone AF mode that uses multiple active AF points.

It is also possible that the camera menu screen to set it up has a message associated with the INFO button, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

delizcepeda
Apprentice

In the menu AF pink tab #4 select the limit AF methods.  Make sure you have the check mark on the Face detection.  Hope this helps.

@Laoshi-Royal wrote:

I am new to the Canon R5 and I am encountering the following issue with "Eye Detection" under AF settings:
 "Not Available because of associated function's setting." 

What specific "ASSOCIATED FUNCTION'S SETTINGS" would interfere with using eye detection on the Canon R5?

It is a bit confusing, and delizcepeda is correct. But to take it further, the "Eye detection" menu option is a toggle so you can enable or disable eye tracking alone and still have face tracking or whatever other subject you have set to detect. You have to have Face+Tracking selected in "AF method" before it becomes selectable. See page 404 in the users manual (attached)

Newton

Face Detection-1.jpg

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements