cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 travel questions

austiabrm57
Apprentice

Hello 🙂

I got a Canon M50 with 11-22mm & 15-45mm ef-m lenses for my birthday. I also got a nice little tripod, uv filters for both and a rode mic. I will be mainly using this camera for traveling and vlogging

With that being said, I'm still learning the basics but I'll have my first opportunity this upcoming weekend, My cousins and I are going to camp somewhere where there's no light pollution and they said its good for stars.

So I wanted to take some pictures of the stars and hopefully a good shot of the Milky Way. *I don't know if that's possible with my set up but I thought it would be cool if I could*

My question, is there anything I need for taking pictures of the stars? And how do I accomplish this task?

Also another question, Sorry if this is long but I will be traveling to Philippines/Japan and wanted to see if theres a lens/accessories that I should get to make my set up overall good. I was reading online and people say the best travel lens is a 24-70mm, would that be okay with my camera if I get an adapter? or should I stay with my ef-m lenses? I also went to a local camera store and they directed me to get 55-200 f/ 4.5-6.3 IS STM lens & 28mm f/3.5 macro IS STM. What would be the best option for me?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Announcements