Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Intervalometer for EOS R!!


This is really just to help anyone else out who has to go through this and maybe save them a bit of trouble.

I recently bought an EOS R, and wanted to get an Intervalometer for it. I went to the Canon website and under "Supplies and Accessories" for that camera, it said to buy the TC-80N3. So I bought one on Amazon and got it yesterday, only to find out that it doesn't work. It has the old three-pin style socket, and the EOS R has something that looks like a headphone jack. After a ton of research and coming up with nothing, I called Canon. The guy on the phone was able to give me some direction, and told me that I needed to buy an adapter, part number RA-E3. It's a bit tough to find, but it's out there. I wish they'd had this information on their website somewhere...maybe they do, but I couldn't find it.

I know I could have just bought a Vello Shutterboss, but I like Canon accessories for whatever reason.



That is what the N3 in the name signifies, it is known as an N3 connecter.

This is not actually an "old style" plug, it is currently used by the majority of Canon's high end DSLRs.

click here to view the press release