cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS m50 mark 1 keeps turning off when streaming

lucasmclean22
Contributor

Ive tried everything possible to prevent this from happening. Im using my m50 to stream on Stream Labs. After 30 min it goes to a black screen, and I have to click the shutter button to turn it back on. Not fun to do at all 🙂 I have it connected via usb to HDMI into an El Gato Cam Link 4k. Power adapter plugged in. I have all the stand by settings off. Ive watched ton of youtube videos and cant seem to find an answer if its possible to make this happen. The quality is awesome but I really want to avoid having to shutter 5-6 times when streaming. Thanks for any help!

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thought, do you have any power saving features enabled in the camera?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The M50 does not have “Clean HDMI” output, which was added to the Mark II version of the camera.  The shutting off is normal operation.  The Webcam Utility uses the USB port.  Do not make multiple connections to the HDMI and USB ports at the same time.

I suggest that you reset the camera settings back to their factory defaults.  Do not try to adjust or change the power settings.  Leave them at their factory default values.  Carefully follow the installation and setup instructions at this link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility 

The regular EOS Utility must be closed.  The EOS Utility Launcher Service must be disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

So should I be using the mini HDMI out on it to HDMI or the micro HDMI to HDMI? I’m using the micro and it pulls up on my pc but won’t show up under the EOS utility app

lscannon
Apprentice

I have the same issue. When the display turns off the HDMI feed turns off with it. The culprit is “power saving -> display off”.They give us no option to disable that behavior entirely 😞. The longest you can set it is 30min.

really wish Canon would release a new firmware for MK1 owners like us that would bypass this.

Announcements