cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R7 Kit Lens with continuous Err20

Ccming
Contributor

I bought EOS R7 in April, one month later, I keep get err20 every day, I try to stand it till July, I sent it to repair center, the engineer told me, he can find the error log but he can't make it recurrent, but he finally opened the R7 body and he told me he reinforce the motherboard, then one week later, I took back my R7, but the err20 is still there, and I've got new err30! and much more frequently, so I sent it back to repair center the second time in Oct, two days later, Engineer told me, OK the shutter is broken, he'll order one for me and replace it, one week later, I went to repair center to get my R7 back, but when I went out the door of repair center, not far than 100 meters, I got the err20 again when I try to take the second photo, I returned repair center right now, and they keep my R7 and told me to wait another week, today, they called me, they said it's the fault of firmware! and every R7 will have this fault! when use C1/C2/C3 mode and shoot vertically, it'll get err randomly. but why they opened my R7 body three times, at least twice, the buy told me he didn't opened it the last time, I'm not sure I can believe him.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am also sorry to hear of your issues.  I'm not sure what country you're in or where the camera was purchased. You do need to work with Canon as Waddizzle suggests. 

I think you should review the products warranty.  Most manufacturers offer a clause where if something can't be repaired after a significant number of attempts, there is a possibility it can be replaced under a manufacturing defect clause. Note, this is not available worldwide and you need to check the warranty for the region where you live and where the camera was purchased. You have to work with the manufacturer directly. They need to be given a reasonable number of attempts to repair the device and the issue has to be reoccurring.  Again, warranty coverage depends on where the camera was sold and the laws that govern in that country.

Hope it works out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.

You need to continue to follow up with the factory authorized  Canon Service Center.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am also sorry to hear of your issues.  I'm not sure what country you're in or where the camera was purchased. You do need to work with Canon as Waddizzle suggests. 

I think you should review the products warranty.  Most manufacturers offer a clause where if something can't be repaired after a significant number of attempts, there is a possibility it can be replaced under a manufacturing defect clause. Note, this is not available worldwide and you need to check the warranty for the region where you live and where the camera was purchased. You have to work with the manufacturer directly. They need to be given a reasonable number of attempts to repair the device and the issue has to be reoccurring.  Again, warranty coverage depends on where the camera was sold and the laws that govern in that country.

Hope it works out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements