cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DPP says "Cannot import image" when trying to edit a .CR3 file from my camera

Contributor

i took lots of different photos and im trying to edit them to make them look better, i have my sd card plugged in my laptop and when i try viewing any of the files canon says "Cannot Import Image"  Oh and also ive already tried removing and reconnecting my sd card and ive tried restarting dpp and ive tried moving the file into a different location in my computer

131_0-1724680065578.png

6 REPLIES 6

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Have you tried the cable connection instead of the card reader route?

Steve Thomas

yeah i did, but then dpp didn't show any photos in the folder where the photos are supposed to be in

ctitanic
Enthusiast

Does this happen only with that file or any other file? In another words, did you take more pictures and all the other pictures were ok and this is happening just with this file?

Can you check if the file is marked as Read Only in your SD Card?

Also, what camera are you using and what SD Card are you using, brand, V60 or V90?

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

this is happening to all of my photos that are .cr3 (over like 30). im using a sandisk extreme pro 200mb/s 256gb and my camera is eos r10

Make sure your software is up to date. The most current versions are Digital Photo Professional 4.19.10 and EOS Utility 3.18.11. 

You can get both from your My Canon Account or your camera's product page.

But is it a v60 or a v90, you can check that in the card.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.
Announcements