cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D

LuckyJames
Enthusiast

I'm ready to purchase a Canon 90D body with a Canon warranty from a reputable dealer. Seems that the only ones available are grey market (non Canon USA imports) at the moment with (non Canon) in store warranties available for purchase. Anyone have input as to when Canon USA approved product will be available? I would prefer to buy from Canon directly if possible so I know I am getting the latest / newest product and updated firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well Rick, considering there is only $150 price differential and one gets the much more flexible and excellent 18-135 IS USM, the better deal is actually the one in stock, I think!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Why not have a look for Canon refurbished bodies?  They have been maintained by Canon and carry their one-year warranty and are, of course, genuine Canon-authorized product.  They even come in a box, albeit a white one, but essentially they will be as new.   Here is a link to search for product on their site - none right now but they come and go regularly.  See here 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I could, but I want the best bang for my buck, and I am not in a huge rush. I like the idea of new product and latest firmware.

You could, because refurb gear comes at a significant price reduction and the firmware is usually updated - you are sitting on the sharp part of a fence between wanting a cheap deal, but not wanting grey market. 

Canon have made it clear that their priority is now their R-series cameras and with production issues including shortages for things as universal to multiple bodies as screws, a lot of products are being held up.  So, you may wait quite a while and when they do come to stores, you can join a queue of other 90D hopefuls hoping for a deal when it is a seller's market...

As to firmware, that is a fairly straightforward process and it's something to get used to as Canon is doing more firmware updates these days than it had previously done.

cheers, TREVOR

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@LuckyJames..

Unless you want your luck to run out, don't support or buy gray market.

I also recommend you follow Trevors excellent advice.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, not going down the rabbit hole!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The bang for the buck deal on Canon gear is the Canon Online Refurbished Store.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

2 great refurb deals:

First now out of stock: $849

Refurbished EOS 90D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Kit | Canon Online Store|Canon Online Store

But this one for $999 is still available:

Refurbished EOS 90D EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Kit | Canon Online Store|Canon Online Store

Of course the choice is yours.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well Rick, considering there is only $150 price differential and one gets the much more flexible and excellent 18-135 IS USM, the better deal is actually the one in stock, I think!

cheers, TREVOR

Trevor,

I agree.  The 18~135 and 55~250 came with my T6s.  Great combo.  The 18~135 is a hard to beat kit lens for someone upgrading or just starting out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements