cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D sound sync issue

greygloss
Apprentice

hi all, I just started playing around with some video for my brand new 90D (previously been using 7D mk ii for my video), but I have issues importing the video and getting the sound to sync. (whether it taken with camera audion or extenal mic).

Initailly i thought it might have been memory card probs, but just bought a new V60 UHS ii card so that shouldnt be the problem. Worst thing is, it plays fine when checking playback on the camera's lcd screen itself, but when importing to either my imac or PC laptop, the sound gets more and more out of sync (and thats just on a 30 second test clip). Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific frame rate did you capture the footage in?  And when yuo import into your editing software, what framerate are you using for the project?

If, for example, you captured with a 23.976 framerate, but then set up your project to be 24 frames per second, audio will indeed drift over time.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

greygloss
Apprentice
Thanks I'm on PAL, and I was using 25FPS and the project in Final cut x was the same but good thought and i will double check. Weird thing is, even just putting the SD card straight into my laptop and playing the mp4 file, it still drifts off. I'm just wondering if i have a duff camera, but don't want to look an idiot taking it back to the store.... especially when it plays ok in the camera. I'm guessing they'll just say it's my computer, but i could understand if it was just 1 computer, but both a pc and a Mac 🤔
Announcements