cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D wont focus/no focus sound, even i change lens

toofg1
Apprentice

Hello, im currently new to Photography and Cameras and stuff. Im currently having problem with my 5months old CANON 80D. I wasnt able to use it for 2 weeks and i just stored it to my Cabinet , (Camera still works fine when i store it)

Until today, when i put my CANON 70-200MM f4 on it . I was in shock that i cant shoot a photo ,or it wont even focus at all.. and i try to change some SS/ISO and it has already an error 1... 

as i get the error 1 , i try to swap my lenses to my other camera which is canon also,, the lenses seems working fine with the other camera ,and the 18-50mm lenses that i transfer to my 80D is not focusing again same as my 70-200mm.

I already did clear all the functions and reset the camera settings but still same problem..

I dont know what to do ,since everytime i search in youtube, seems all problem is with the lenses.. 

and it seems my lenses is fine , i dont know what to do. pls help? i only have like 1k photos taken with my 80D for 5months

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You are still within warranty, since it happens with 2 lenses, call Canon at 1-800-652-2666.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am just curious but why search youtube and not think to call Canon?  Calling Canon should be the first thing you do. They will assist you and probably have some suggestions of things to try before asking for a return for service. It still may be something easy to fix.  It is unlikely the 80D broke itself just sitting on a shelf for 2 weeks.

BTW, unless you try your two lenses on a known working camera, you can't say it is not them at fault.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... it has already an error 1... "

If your camera and lens aren't making solid, good, contact on all of the contact pins, your camera will give you this error.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

toofg1
Apprentice
Theres only 1 service center in our country and will take 7 days to arrived at them. Its so normal to look at youtube and get informations. Did nothing on camera just informations about the problem. Same as i did here.
Announcements