cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D clean

miketerndrup
Enthusiast

Had my body clean (Camera body my human body is always clean) my shot count is 38.670 Mirror count is 38.100. I am wondering if this is good I can not afford a mirrorless camera body or lens right now (Full time job is a custodian )

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

No, that is not good.  You have bad data.  Ignore it.  

You cannot have shot count higher than a mirror count, whatever exactly that might be.  Your camera will fail whenever it decides to fail, and there won't much you can do about it.  Meanwhile, enjoy the camera, take lots of pictures.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

***NOT A TECH***

Wadizzle is giving good advice about about overall ignoring the data - that information is basically given so you have it as a point of reference.

But....

Why couldn't the mirror count be different from the shot count? In Live View, the mirror is already up, and you can take multiple shots, thereby increasing the shot count, but not the mirror count. Again, I'm not a tech (anymore), but just putting it out there for conversation.

@Stephen wrote:

***NOT A TECH***

Wadizzle is giving good advice about about overall ignoring the data - that information is basically given so you have it as a point of reference.

But....

Why couldn't the mirror count be different from the shot count? In Live View, the mirror is already up, and you can take multiple shots, thereby increasing the shot count, but not the mirror count. Again, I'm not a tech (anymore), but just putting it out there for conversation.

Yes, I suppose you're right.  You can take photos in Live View without dropping the mirror.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements