cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D & Livestream functionality [removing live view obstructions]

OddlerPro
Apprentice

I'm planning to use my Canon 80D to livestream with but I'm having one problem. I need to get rid of the face detection box that follows my face on the Live View & I need to get rid of the rectangular box around the shot from the Live View. Is there any way I can disable this so I can livestream on Twitch with it?

canono80d.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

I haven't got an 80D so I can't be sure but if you can find in the menu system where you turn off face tracking then both should disappear, if all else fails switch to manual focus.

Incidentally using your 80D to live stream is not a great idea and extended periods of use in this way can cause the sensor to overheat.

I agree fully with Ray, these cameras just weren't designed for this type of service and you would be far better served buying one of the low cost cameras intended for live streaming.  Using a DSLR to livestream is like buying a sports car to tow your RV, NOT a good plan.  Constant use of Live view is tough on the camera electronics and I seriously doubt that the shutter likes being held open all of the time; this also increases the odds of inadvertent sensor damage from excessively strong light sources.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements