cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D - Can anyone please help - Playing up when shooting photos.

Moemoea
Apprentice

Kia-ora.  I recently bought a Canon 80D which the previous owner had barely used.  I have been taking photos on and off for about one month now, not many, just a few a week.  However, since yesterday whenever I took a photo, in the LCD Viewfinder, just as I shot the photo, there was/is a temporary 'blackish silouette' that momentarily appears, then vanishes.  It does not effect the actual photo (I took about 30 yesterday and they all came out ok), but it is just when I actually shoot.  Is this s flaw in the LCD viewfinder?  Any help will be appreciated 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What happens when you just playback the images?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Kia Ora Dream!

I was wondering if you have many any changes whatsoever just before these symptoms occurred.   Have you tried using the viewfinder, and if so, does the camera take photos normally?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you shooting with the optical viewfinder, or are you using the rear Live View screen?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...there was/is a temporary 'blackish silouette' that momentarily appears..."

Well no matter how you were shooting the obvious place to start is a brand new SD card.  Get a high quality SD card that is recommended in your manual.  Get it from a known good retailer, too.  Amazon is not a know good retailer for SD cards!

This is a easy and cheap thing to try. Plus yo need more than one SD card anyways.

But first do a full reset of your camera. Go to the Menus, Tools, Clear all settings and Clear all custom settings. When ever you buy a used camera you should do that.  Also make sure you format the new SD card preferably in the camera. Might be a good idea to toss the old SD card anyway if it belonged to the original owner.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements