cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a problem with Autofocus EOS R6 w/RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM

FastXD
Apprentice

I am having a problem with Autofocus EOS R6 w/RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM.  To begin with I am taking sports action shots in Manual mode with the burst set to the highest setting.  At first the camera viewfinder would flash in a bright white light almost like a flash going off and everything went blank and after about 10-15 seconds it would come back to normal.  I loaded the latest updates for the camera and lemse and that seemed to correct that issue but now sometimes the Autofocus will not work and will gradually come back after 10-15 seconds or turnthe camer off and back on.  Seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas as to why this is happening

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

I'm not too sure exactly what could be causing this, there are a couple things i might try just to see if they have any effect. First I'd recommend making sure the camera's ECO mode is disabled and maybe see if disabling the exposure compensation has any effect. Both of these combined would free up processing power for the camera. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to have the lens and maybe camera checekd out by a service technician.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Announcements