cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 7D Firmware Update - How To?

italyanmakarna
Apprentice

Hi,

My 7D has 1.0.1 firmware which is very old.

Can I directly upgrade it with the latest v.2.0.5 or do I have upgrade level by level?

That is to say, shall I start from 1.0.2 then step by step upgrade all the versions established to the latest version?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Its explained on the Canon support page where you download the firmware. All previous firmware improvements are included.

See here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-7d?tab=drivers

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@italyanmakarna wrote:

Hi,

My 7D has 1.0.1 firmware which is very old.

Can I directly upgrade it with the latest v.2.0.5 or do I have upgrade level by level?

That is to say, shall I start from 1.0.2 then step by step upgrade all the versions established to the latest version?

Many thanks

No you don't need to step through all the updates. You can go straight to v.2.0.5.

But, please carefully read and follow the instructions before doing any firmware update.

If the firmware of your camera has been updated to Version 2.0.5 from Version 1.0.7 through Version 1.2.5:

-The instruction manual has been revised accompanying the improvements and additions of functions. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.

Also make sure the camera's battery is fully charged. It could cause problems if it goes dead during the update.

Canon Professional Services Gold member. Master printer. Wildlife photographer.
Cameras: Canon 5DSr, 5D MkIII, 7D MkII and a pile of lenses.
Monitors: Eizo CG248 4K, Eizo CG241W
Printers: Imageprograf iPF6100, Imageprograf Pro1000
Announcements