cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D focus problem

sbarrett
Apprentice

My husband has a Canon 60D and suddenly has focus problems. Canon batteries are old but recharged. Could a fuzzy focus be the result of old batteries? Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There any one of a number of factors that could cause fuzzy photos, up to and including a failed lens or bad settings on the lens or camera.

Try this test.  If the lens is an AF lens, aka autofocusing lens, then make sure the lens is set for AF mode.  Switch the top dial to the Green [A+] mode, and try to take outdoor photos on a sunny day. Even it it is a little cloudy, try the test anyway.  The point is we want natural sunlight, not artificial indoor lighting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Posting a sample of an affected photo with the EXIF info intact would go a long way towards helping sort things out. It seems unlikely to me that it would be a battery issue, but I've been wrong before. Why, just yesterday I . . . Oh never mind.

Does the problem exist with more than one lens? Is there another lens you can test with? Do you have enough lighting and contrast in the scene for the AF to work properly?

And the list of possibilities goes on from there . . .

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

When you say “fuzzy focus” I get the impression you are looking at “fuzzy focus” in the viewfinder, and not “fuzzy photos” on your computer monitor. 

If that is the case, my first thought is that the diopter adjustment has been moved and your viewfinder is now fuzzy. Just rotate the little wheel  until the viewfinder is clear again.

6C04098E-28E8-4016-AE07-0D52340CC74C.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Focus is fuzzy in both viewfinder and on computer screen. Hubby just took two more pics using two different lenses. Same less than stellar results. Camera used mostly for wild bird photos. Just started having "fuzzy focus" problems a few days ago.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Any chance he has reset the shutter speed too slow causing camera shake blur (or maybe accidentally turned off IS on IS equipped lenses?

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements